117 N. High, Brady, TX 76825
Fri 1-5 p.m.
Sat 1-5 p.m.
Sun 1-4 p.m.
Private/group tours available upon request
Control tower available for meetings reunions
Once called the "best small museum in Texas" by the Fort Worth Star Telegram
, the museum is housed in the
former McCulloch County Jail
. The three-story structure was constructed in 1910 and served as the county's correctional facility until 1974 when it was deeded to the historical society as a museum. Recently the Curtis Field Control Tower, which was located at Curtis Field during WWII
, was donated to the museum, restored and dedicated to the 10,000 men and women who trained there and to veterans
of all branches of
military service from McCulloch County.
Heart of Texas Historical Museum